8 Popular Wedding Colour Schemes
Choosing your wedding colours may be one of the most important things you do in the planning process, but we’re sure you already knew that! You can choose any colour combinations, but we thought that sharing some of the most popular wedding colour schemes
Choosing your wedding colours may be one of the most important things you do in the planning process, but we’re sure you already knew that! You can choose any colour combinations, but we thought that sharing some of the most popular wedding colour schemes may help spark some inspiration.
Knowing exactly which wedding colours to go for might seem like a no-brainer at first. You may expect to choose a handful of colours that you like and leave it at that - and while that can be the case, there are a few other things you want to consider before deciding on a final wedding colour combination.
You may wish to incorporate colours that work well with your wedding season, or if your event is quite formal then you may want an all-white occasion with hints of gold for that luxury aesthetic. To help you narrow down the best colour choices for your big day, we’ve put together a list of the most popular wedding colours for you to use as inspiration when bringing your own celebration to life.
Many colour schemes go hand in hand with certain themes, so we scoured Pinterest to find the perfect pops of colour for each one!
- Bohemian wedding colours: Those looking for that boho vibe on their big day might opt for colours such as green, yellow, brown, white, and orange hues.
- Traditional wedding colours: Black, gold, navy and ivory all reflect a classic and timeless wedding look. If this is your vision, then these colours all work brilliantly!
- Autumnal wedding colours: Falling leaves may inspire your autumn wedding colours in this instance. Choose burgundy, reds, oranges, and yellows paired with jewel-tone accent colours and muted neutrals so as not to look too similar to the boho aesthetic.
- Spring wedding colours: Pastels are always popular for springtime ceremonies! Muted tones such as yellow, pale pink, lilac or mint green paired with creamy neutral colours.
- Summer wedding colours: Think of a Vincent Van Gogh painting like starry night or sunflowers and you’ll have the perfect hues for summer! Navy blue tones paired with various yellow shades, and if you want a lighter beachier vibe pair everything with white instead of black.
- Trending colours: Check the latest fashion trends or look up Pantone’s colour of the year! These options should hopefully have you picking out colours that are popular across the globe!
- Winter wedding colours: Navy blue or maroon are popular during the colder months and are often paired with metallic silver or gold tones to create a more formal winter vibe - think winter wonderland or classic Christmas inspired looks.
- Colours that work all year round: Neutral tones such as ivory with accent colours like blue, blush pink, grey, coral, red etc. are commonly known to look good at any time of year.
Still having trouble choosing the right colours for you and your soon to be spouse? Here’s the tip that we find most helpful when it comes to narrowing down the shade range!
Keep your venue and your wedding must haves in mind, these are things that have already been decided on and they all have an existing colour. With that information you can then choose colours that complement the venue or your other decor accessories, leaving you with a beautifully cohesive day!
We hope these tips prove useful for you and be sure to tag us in pictures of your special day on social media so we can see your colour choices. We love seeing which colours each of you chose! You can find us on Facebook and Instagram @Grampianweddingdirectory